Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net> on 2001/01/30 05:04:41 UTC

moving announce@apache.org to announce@httpd.apache.org

Hi - as a continued part of moving the httpd-specific naming conventions
to the httpd ASF project domain, I'd like to do that with
announce@apache.org at this time.  The idea would be to create a new
announce@httpd.apache.org, move all the current announce@apache.org
subscribers to that (since most if not all subscribed to get Apache httpd
server updates) and then open up announce@apache.org to subscription by
people who want to be informed about ASF-wide
announcements.  announce@apache.org won't become the catch-all for all
announce@<project>.apache.org lists, though some announcements may be
forwarded.  Comments/thoughts before I do this?

	Brian

Re: moving announce@apache.org to announce@httpd.apache.org

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.
+1

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
+1

Consider that we should probably have a maintenance page, since it is
hard to gauge what lists you subscribe to when there is no activity
(and announce is certainly low on activity.)

I don't know at the moment if I'm signing up to do this in the near
term, but it would simplify subscribers' management of the now 50+
lists that will be hosted for dev, cvs and announce of each project.

Bill