Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dominic Nagar <dn...@novocorp.com> on 2001/08/02 02:14:12 UTC

Aliasing a servlet on Tomcat or Apache

Is there a way in Tomcat to alias a servlet?  For example, if I have a
servlet called 'blah', how can I configure tomcat such
that I don't have to say

servlet/blah  in my URL.  All I want to access is 'blah'.

--
Dominic Nagar
Release Engineer

Voice 415-875-7123  |  Fax 415-875-7001
http://www.novocorp.com

Re: Aliasing a servlet on Tomcat or Apache

Posted by Jason Koeninger <jk...@jjcc.com>.
It's done in web.xml.  You can use a url-mapping statement in the
file.  That may not be exactly right, but it's close.  I think there's
an example in the sample webapps included in Tomcat.  If not,
check the latest servlet documentation from Sun.

Best Regards,

Jason Koeninger
J&J Computer Consulting
http://www.jjcc.com

Re: Application Server -- WTF!

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
S.V.Suresh at s.suresh@team.indiainfo.com wrote:

> Hi
>
> You can use iplanet , web sphere or web logic. For all these trial versions
> are there. You can any of these.

Oh no... There it is... Another message from the future... (Darn how much I
hate that)... It seems that Suresh's client is simply fucked up... And
doesn't cope well with EZMLM.

It sends the content type as multipart/related, inside there are two chunks:
a multipart/alternative and a image/gif... Then the multipart/alternative
contains the two text/plain and text/html chunks...

Something like:

                         multipart/related

                          +-------+-----------+
                          |                   |
                          V                   V
                 multipart/alternative   image/gif

                  +-------+-----+
                  |             |
                  V             V
              text/plain    text/html

Weird... I haven't ever heard of those two multipart types... I'm going to
be stripping them as well :) let me know if it causes troubles...

    Pier

Re: Application Server

Posted by "S.V.Suresh" <s....@team.indiainfo.com>.
Hi

You can use iplanet , web sphere or web logic. For all these trial versions
are there. You can any of these.

Suresh

Posted by Tim O'Neil <ti...@xythos.com>.
At 02:21 PM 8/2/2001, I wrote:
 > So hitting .orionserver.com yields a 500 error
 > right now. It doesn't make a great first impression...

The error page has (Too many open files) as the cause.
I bet they need to up the file handle ulimit.

RE: Application Server

Posted by Tim O'Neil <ti...@xythos.com>.

Re: Application Server

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@ozemail.com.au>.
Gregor Kovaè wrote:
> Hi!
> First of all I cannot find www.orionserver.org
> Second of all, if you mean www.orionserver.com they have their Pricing page
> that says
> - Orion Application Server development version (full version for
> development and for non-commercial deployment) FREE
> - Orion Application Server for commercial deployment $1500 per physical server
umm, err... woops... sorry, I should've said open-source... depends on
your definition of free (o:

Re: Application Server

Posted by Beth Kelly <be...@bellsouth.net>.
How can I send mail to the server?  When I send a message to the newsgroup,
I receive the following message:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at apache.org.

<to...@jakarta.apache.org>:
ezmlm-reject: fatal: Sorry, I don't accept messages of MIME Content-Type
'multipart/alternative' (#5.2.3)

From: "Kyle Wayne Kelly" <kk...@bellsouth.net>
To: <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: Is there a way to get the Referrer information from a request?
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 16:12:53 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C11B6D.FBDD63E0

I printed out the html header, and it did not include the referrer =
field.  Is there another way to get the referrer field?

Kyle Wayne Kelly
(504)391-3985
http://www.cs.uno.edu/~kkelly

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C11B6D.FBDD63E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I printed out the html header, and it =
did not=20
include the referrer field.&nbsp; Is there another way to get the =
referrer=20
field?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Kyle Wayne Kelly<BR>(504)391-3985<BR><A =

href=3D"http://www.cs.uno.edu/~kkelly">http://www.cs.uno.edu/~kkelly</A><=
/FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

RE: Application Server

Re: Application Server

Posted by Gregor Kovaè <gr...@mikropis.si>.
Hi!

RE: Application Server

Posted by Utech - Han Lim <ha...@unidux.com.sg>.
Thanks Dim for the answer, I'm not posting anything on JBoss list. Ok, I
will try to post to JBoss list.

Thanks.

regards,
Han Lim

Re: Application Server

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@ozemail.com.au>.

RE: Application Server

Re: Application Server

Posted by "Moin Anjum H." <mo...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Application Server

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Dominic Nagar wrote:

> Is there a way in Tomcat to alias a servlet?  For example, if I have a
> servlet called 'blah', how can I configure tomcat such
> that I don't have to say
>
> servlet/blah  in my URL.  All I want to access is 'blah'.

See the <servlet-mapping> element in the web.xml file, as described in the
Servlet Specification.  You can download it from:

  http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/download.html

NOTE:  If you are running Tomcat+Apache, you will also need to customize
your Apache configuration file to recognize these mappings.

> Dominic Nagar

Craig McClanahan