Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by ma...@apache.org on 2007/10/27 04:02:01 UTC

svn commit: r589039 - /tomcat/site/tags/TOMCAT_5_0_27/

Author: markt
Date: Fri Oct 26 19:02:00 2007
New Revision: 589039

Log:
Move site tag to archive

Removed:
    tomcat/site/tags/TOMCAT_5_0_27/

Re: svn commit: r589039 - /tomcat/site/tags/TOMCAT_5_0_27/

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> markt@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: markt
>> Date: Fri Oct 26 19:02:00 2007
>> New Revision: 589039

>> Log:
>> Move site tag to archive
>
> Can we please beg that next time you do this atomically?

I did spend some time looking for a way to do this but didn't find a
solution.

> If you ask nicely, someone in infra can momentarilly remove the
> restrictions on checking out entire trees, in order to reorganize
> them in one swoop.  svn mv works locally as well.

I considered that but because of the way our repo is structured it
would have required checking out the entire Tomcat tree for all
versions of all releases. At a rough estimate that would require
downloading 6GB+ which at the speeds I see from svn.a.o would take 16+
hours. Those numbers just aren't practical.

An alternative solution would be to re-direct commit messages for a
while (eg to my a.o address). That way I can forward any 'real' commit
messages and filter out my noise. Unless anyone has a better idea, or
svn 1.5 has been released, I'll do this next time. Isn't hindsight
wonderful ;)

Mark

Re: svn commit: r589039 - /tomcat/site/tags/TOMCAT_5_0_27/

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.