Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Corbin, Ken" <Ke...@Summit.Fiserv.com> on 2002/08/31 00:13:20 UTC

Context reload trashes remote objects

Interesting problem.   I'm using Tomcat  4.0.4, have and have the
application configured to reload automatically when something changes.
Much to my surprise, a context reload does not destroy an existing session
context.  Both the session context and session attribute objects are still
accessible.   But a remote object contained in a remote object contained in
a session attribute object has gotten trashed.   Somehow a critical data
field has been reset back to a value it was originally set to instead of
what it had before the context was reloaded.

I've confirmed that none of the remote objects methods are being called
during the context reload.   Something about the restore from persistent
storage isn't working with remote objects.

The data corruption is easy to fix once I determine that it happened, which
I currently do by checking to see if the field has reset to an old value.
But if there is an easier way to determine when a context has been reloaded
it would be a big help.

I am not subscribed to this list after several embarraising episodes where
Outlook was broadcasting replies to posters on my behalf, so I would
appreciate it if you could cc me with any ideas.

Thanks for any possible assistance.