Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by Scandelli Francesco <Fr...@italtel.it> on 2006/08/25 18:06:13 UTC

Problem encountered trying out the producer sample of Muse 2.0 M2

Hi,

i deployed the wsn-producer and wsn-consumer samples but when I run the
test application (org.apache.muse.test.wsn.WsnTestClient), more
spefically when the code reaches the subscription operation, I get a
null pointer exception from the producer:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.muse.ws.resource.properties.impl.SimpleResourcePropertyCollec
tion.getResourceProperty(SimpleResourcePropertyCollection.java:566)
	at
org.apache.muse.ws.resource.properties.impl.SimpleResourcePropertyCollec
tion.insertResourceProperty(SimpleResourcePropertyCollection.java:655)
	at
org.apache.muse.ws.resource.properties.impl.SimpleResourcePropertyCollec
tion.insertResourceProperty(SimpleResourcePropertyCollection.java:635)
	at
org.apache.muse.ws.resource.properties.impl.SimpleResourcePropertyCollec
tion.addInitialValues(SimpleResourcePropertyCollection.java:171)
	at
org.apache.muse.ws.resource.properties.impl.SimpleResourcePropertyCollec
tion.applyMetadata(SimpleResourcePropertyCollection.java:300)
	at
org.apache.muse.ws.resource.impl.SimpleWsResource.initialize(SimpleWsRes
ource.java:190)
	at
org.apache.muse.core.routing.RouterFilePersistence.reloadResource(Router
FilePersistence.java:68)
	at
org.apache.muse.core.AbstractFilePersistence.reloadResources(AbstractFil
ePersistence.java:205)
	at
org.apache.muse.core.AbstractFilePersistence.reload(AbstractFilePersiste
nce.java:182)
	at
org.apache.muse.core.routing.SimpleResourceRouter.initialize(SimpleResou
rceRouter.java:224)
	at
org.apache.muse.core.platform.AbstractIsolationLayer.initialize(Abstract
IsolationLayer.java:167)
	at
org.apache.muse.core.platform.axis2.AxisIsolationLayer.setOperationConte
xt(AxisIsolationLayer.java:77)
	at
a:39)
	at
Impl.java:25)
	at
org.apache.axis2.engine.DependencyManager.configureBusinessLogicProvider
(DependencyManager.java:50)
	at
org.apache.axis2.receivers.RawXMLINOutMessageReceiver.invokeBusinessLogi
c(RawXMLINOutMessageReceiver.java:79)
	at
org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractInOutSyncMessageReceiver.receive(Abst
ractInOutSyncMessageReceiver.java:37)
	at
org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:480)
	at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostReques
t(HTTPTransportUtils.java:284)
	at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:136)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
	at
tionFilterChain.java:252)
	at
erChain.java:173)
	at
e.java:213)
	at
e.java:178)
	at
:126)
	at
:105)
	at
java:107)
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:1
48)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:86
8)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.proc
essConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:663)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint
.java:527)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollow
erWorkerThread.java:80)
	at
.java:684)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
- org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: null; nested exception is:
	com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxIOException: null

Any ideas concerning this issue?

Thank you very much
Francesco

Re: Problem encountered trying out the producer sample of Muse 2.0 M2

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi,

It looks like there's a problem (re-)initializing the WSRP document of one
of the resources. Did you get this exact error the first time you ran it,
or subsequent times? I will re-run the sample and see if I can find the
cause.

Thanks,
Dan

"Scandelli Francesco" <Fr...@italtel.it> wrote on 08/25/2006