Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Jake Mannix <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/18 18:14:02 UTC

LUCENE-933 / SOLR-261

Hey folks,
  I was wondering what the status of LUCENE-933 (stop words can cause the
queryparser to end up with no results, due to an e.g. +(the) clause in the
resultant BooleanQuery).  According to the tracking bug, it's resolved, and
there's a patch, but where has that patch been applied?  I tried running
solr-trunk (which links to lucene-core-2.3.1), but the same issue occurs.
I'd ask over on the solr-user list, but since SOLR-261 is marked as "blocked
by LUCENE-933", I think here might be the right place to go first.
  Any ideas?  Hoss, Doron?

   -jake

Re: LUCENE-933 / SOLR-261

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Ah, thanks.  So since solr-1.2.0 is using
: lucene-*-2007-05-20_00_04-53.jarin its distribution,
: is this why SOLR-261 is still open?

SOLR-261 was left open because it hadn't been verified yet -- I just did
that and resolved the issue against the trunk.

: I thought that maybe it would be a simple drop in replacement, but when I
: tossed in
: lucene-*-2.3.1.jar to solr, it didn't fix the problem, so maybe something in
: solr needs to
: change to take advantage of your patch...

Actualy, i just tried that and worked fine for me ... make sure the older
lucene jars are removed from the lib dir before you add the new ones, then
rebuild the war and it should work.

If you are still having problems please start a thread on solr-user
describing your schema fieldtypes, request handler configs, what query
URL isn't working the way you expect, and whatthe debugQuery=true output
looks like.

-Hoss

Re: LUCENE-933 / SOLR-261

Posted by Jake Mannix <ja...@gmail.com>.