Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeff Jensen <je...@upstairstechnology.com> on 2005/06/02 18:16:13 UTC

Multiproject & dashboard - dashboard runs "the hard way"

I finally have dashboard report running by contradicting (per my interpretation)
the documentation.  All 3 of these settings must be this way to get it to run:

maven.multiproject.site.goals=site,dashboard:report-single

maven.dashboard.runreactor=true
maven.dashboard.rungoals=true

As expected and per the docs, dashboard runs all the Junit tests, etc. for its
report.  While this accomplishes getting dashboard run, the underlying problem
is still not solved.

For some reason, the "site" goal is not run on each subproject.  So the
subproject output (the html files in the end) needed for the multiproject
results to link to do not exist.

Can anyone explain this?  Does this point to a config error on my part, or
possibly a bug?

Re: Multiproject & dashboard - dashboard runs "the hard way"

Posted by Haryon <ha...@gmail.com>.
on mine I have something like this :
maven.multiproject.basedir=${basedir}/..
maven.multiproject.ignoreFailures=true
maven.multiproject.excludes=*-build/project.xml
maven.multiproject.includes=*-*/project.xml

build is from where I run the multiproject stuff, and it's at the same
level as the others :
/projects/xx-build/project.xml
/projects/xx-srv/project.xml
/projects/xx-web/project.xml
etc.

both site and dashboard works, when run from xx-build directory.
Don't know whether it helps.

Posted by Michael Niemaz <Mi...@xrce.xerox.com>.

Posted by Michael Niemaz <Mi...@xrce.xerox.com>.

Posted by Jeff Jensen <je...@upstairstechnology.com>.

Posted by Michael Niemaz <Mi...@xrce.xerox.com>.
Try to replace

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Jeff and Eric,

I think I may have just fixed it... ;-) Could you try it using a version
from SVN trunk. In case you don't have access to the sources, I've uploaded
one there:

http://www.apache.org/~vmassol/maven-dashboard-plugin-1.9-SNAPSHOT.jar

Thanks
-Vincent

I don't think it's a bug because I have several test suites in the plugin to

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Jeff,