Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Frost, Gary [IT]" <Ga...@ssmb.com.au> on 2002/12/04 23:56:16 UTC

Validator DTD - local resolution

Hi, I posted a message a few days ago about my validator not working, that a
message was present in my logfile outputs saying that Jakarta.apache.org
could not be resolved.  Jorge Martins helped me out by telling me how to set
up a proxy in my webserver (Tomcat 4) (-DproxySet=true, -DproxyHost=<HOST>
-DproxyPort=<PORT>) which gets me out of immediate problems as now the
webserver goes and downloads
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dtds/validator_1_0.dtd
<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dtds/validator_1_0.dtd> .

However I don't consider this a permanent solution as we really really don't
want this dependence.  We should be able to resolve the dtd locally.

I've checked my commons-validator.jar and the validator_1_0.dtd is there
under org.apache.commons.validator.resources.  And my webapp logfiles show
that the commons-validator.jar is being loaded.

Any ideas on why then the dtd cannot be resolved without going external?
And how to fix it?

Thanks
Gary

Re: Validator DTD - local resolution

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Frost, Gary [IT] wrote:

> Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 09:56:16 +1100
> From: "Frost, Gary [IT]" <Ga...@ssmb.com.au>
> To: "'struts-user@jakarta.apache.org'" <st...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Validator DTD - local resolution
>
> Hi, I posted a message a few days ago about my validator not working, that a
> message was present in my logfile outputs saying that Jakarta.apache.org
> could not be resolved.  Jorge Martins helped me out by telling me how to set
> up a proxy in my webserver (Tomcat 4) (-DproxySet=true, -DproxyHost=<HOST>
> -DproxyPort=<PORT>) which gets me out of immediate problems as now the
> webserver goes and downloads
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dtds/validator_1_0.dtd
> <http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dtds/validator_1_0.dtd> .
>
> However I don't consider this a permanent solution as we really really don't
> want this dependence.  We should be able to resolve the dtd locally.
>
> I've checked my commons-validator.jar and the validator_1_0.dtd is there
> under org.apache.commons.validator.resources.  And my webapp logfiles show
> that the commons-validator.jar is being loaded.
>
> Any ideas on why then the dtd cannot be resolved without going external?
> And how to fix it?

IIRC this has already been fixed in the commons-validator code (there will
be a 1.0.1 release of commons-validator soon because of this bug).  But,
if that's true, it means that the fix is present in recent nightly Struts
builds, because they also take the most recent nightly build of each
commons library that Struts depends on.

Could you try it with, say, last night's nightly build?

> Thanks
> Gary

Craig