Posted to user@struts.apache.org by sr...@wachovia.com on 2007/02/21 17:43:47 UTC

Re: Usage of Struts - Tiles using tile controllers (Please help asi couldn't find enough documentation on it)

If you can post some demo, that would be of great help Ray. Basically, i
am trying to use tiles action or tiles controller. I would wait for your
reply on this.

Thanks again.
Sri
sriharsha.chevuru@wachovia.com

Ray Clough <ra...@allthisisthat.com>
02/20/2007 08:04 PM

Please respond to
"Struts Users Mailing List" <us...@struts.apache.org>

cc

Subject
Re: Usage of Struts - Tiles using tile controllers (Please help asi
couldn't find enough documentation on it)

Sri,
]
If you're still having problems with Tiles in Struts 1.x, I have a demo
app I used for a Struts class at UCLA Extension.  It has lots of things
going on besides Tiles, but I use Tiles exclusively for all pages, and
it is fairly easy to follow.  If you or anyone would like it, I'd be
happy to post it somewhere and you can have at it.  There are a number
of ways of using Tiles, but the only way which makes sense to me is to
declare screens in a centralized xml file and to have the action results
call the tiles screens instead of raw jsp.  Another thing the app does
is to use 'jspx' format docs instead of 'jsp' pages.  The use of jspx
(Sun calls them 'jsp documents') seems to me like a big improvement over
jsp, and there are equivalent jsp and jspx pages for everything.

- Ray Clough
ray@allthisisthat.com

sriharsha.chevuru@wachovia.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I trying to implement "Tile Controllers" concept in Struts 1.3.5 and i
am
> not able to find enough documentation like any sample examples, etc.
about
> it. Can any of you please direct towards a resource which has some
sample
> applications using tile controllers.
>
> Thank you
> Sri