Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> on 2009/02/11 12:36:49 UTC

Re: varying message credit

Adam Chase wrote:
> I am talking about the CPP broker.  I see there's a flush on the
> Session, but not the Subscription.

There are two uses of the term 'flush' in AMQP (and consequently in the
c++ API).

There is the Session::messageFlush() session 'command' which Carl is
referring to that flushes a subscription. Note there is also a
Session::messageStop() command which simply asks the broker to delete
all available credit without using the existing credit to send messages.

There is also the separate concept of flushing completion state. A flush
'control' simply requests that the peer responds with information on the
commands it has so far completed (without forcing it to complete all
outstanding commands as a sync would). This is what is triggered by the
Session::flush() call.