Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Achim Abeling <ac...@freenet-ag.de> on 2006/11/29 11:16:11 UTC

maven-install-plugin: checksum case sensitivity

Hi,

the maven-install-plugin can generate checksum files when the property
createChecksum=true is set.

In my environment (a continuum server) the checksum contains upper case
letters.

When such a dependency is downloaded (e.g. during the compile phase of
another project) the checksum is checked.
On my local machine (not the continuum server) the checksum contains
lower case letters and the check fails although the checksum is
generally the same.

Now my questions:

1. is this a bug or a configuration issue?
2. how can the checksum algorithm be changed (MD5, SHA1)?

Best regards
Achim