Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Devin Fisher <de...@perfectsearchcorp.com> on 2016/07/22 19:32:41 UTC

Force Stop a Processor

Mostly a general questions.  The processor in question is a custom made one
that is obviously misbehaving. I'm looking into why the process doesn't
stop like like normal but I was wondering if there was a way to "force"
stop a process (kill the processor)? I know I can restart the nifi process
to stop the process but I was hoping for a way that was a little less
drastic.

Devin

Re: Force Stop a Processor

Posted by Devin Fisher <de...@perfectsearchcorp.com>.
I'm on version 0.6.0 and you don't want to see the code (it is a fairly
complex bridge to an ETL System (codebase) that we are moving off).  I
would have a attach half a dozen files to show you.

I can understand not wanting to use Thread.stop. Maybe consider making it a
command (right click in the UI) instead of an automatic action. But there
are plenty of reason not to use Thread.stop.

I would expect my code to respond appropriately to an Interrupt. Is there a
way to trigger this interrupt in a unit test?

Devin

Re: Force Stop a Processor

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <oz...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: Force Stop a Processor