Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/25 17:46:10 UTC

301 almost ready

Hello everyone,

This is a heads up.  As you may or may not know, the JSR-301 EG and
Oracle (who is leading the project) has been trying to move the JSR-301
R.I. Development branch to Apache.  In particular Apache MyFaces.  I am
please to announce that Oracle has gotten all the approvals it needs to
continue moving its current R.I. code to Apache and I hope to have a
patch submitted to MYFACES-1664 by the end of this week or the beginning
of the next.  This code will be based off the second public draft of 301
draft which is in the process of being released as we speak.  Although
this is a work in progress, it should allow the MyFaces renderkits and
the Apache community to begin portal development based off the new
standard and possibly influence the specification before it's released.

Because of how the JCP works, essentially the development work for the
R.I. can be done by the Apache MyFaces community.  When the 301 code is
released, Oracle will need to take the release and publish it as the
official R.I.  The JCP prefers that R.I.'s be managed by a company and I
believe the TCK will be developed in-house at Oracle, but the
development of the 301 bridge itself will be done as part of MyFaces
community.

We talked briefly on the dev list about adding this as a sub-package to
the MyFaces 1.2 project and I think that the response has been pretty
good.  I'll let you know when I get the patch submitted and we can talk
about how to proceed with making this code available.

Thanks,
  Scott

Re: 301 almost ready

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
jup,

I have something more sitting in my queue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-13
(when it arrives, I will handle this)

-Matthias

Re: 301 almost ready

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
Cool Matthias, thanks.   I'll make sure we have that all filled out by
the time I get the code.

Re: 301 almost ready

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
that would be nice.