Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tarun Sainanee <ta...@delhi.tcs.co.in> on 2002/08/06 11:54:47 UTC

alternate row color

Hi
I am using the logic:iterate tag to display multiple rows of a search
result.

Now to make it a little more presentable, i need to alternate the colour
of each row.

How can i do that?

TIA

Re: alternate row color

Posted by Daniel Jaffa <ja...@courtinnovation.org>.
I think there is a tag that does that,

Re: alternate row color

Posted by Michael Rimov <ri...@centercomp.com>.
At 03:24 PM 8/6/2002 +0530, you wrote:
>Hi
>I am using the logic:iterate tag to display multiple rows of a search
>result.
>
>Now to make it a little more presentable, i need to alternate the colour
>of each row.

It's funny, we JUST had that discussion on Expresso's Open Source
list.  Solution by Peter Pilgrim:

         <logic:iterate .... indexId="counter" >
</logic:iterate>

Or you can use CSS for the striping etc.

HTH!
                                                 -Mike

Re: alternate row color

Posted by fl...@flare.it.
On 6 Aug 2002 at 15:24, Tarun Sainanee wrote:

> Hi
> I am using the logic:iterate tag to display multiple rows of a search
> result.
>
> Now to make it a little more presentable, i need to alternate the
> colour of each row.
>
> How can i do that?

http://edhill.its.uiowa.edu/display-examples-0.8/

or just render the table using CSS, use a class for odd rows and a class for even
rows.

 regards

RE: alternate row color

Posted by "Todd G. Nist" <tn...@bellsouth.net>.
Tarun,

You could use the "RowTag" tablib found on the "Struts Resource" page.
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/resources/taglibs.html

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/rowtag.tld" prefix="row" %>

  <logic:iterate id="row" name="rows">
    <row:row styleId="dataRow" oddStyleClass="gridRowOn"
evenStyleClass="gridRowOff">
  </logic:iterate>

There is also support for the basic events, onclick, ondblclick....

Or you could achieve it with a scriplet.

I would stick with the tag if  you can.  We use and it works just fine.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Todd G. Nist