Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Steve Ulrich <st...@proemion.com> on 2008/08/25 13:00:01 UTC

AW: [SPAMCheck] RE: Request: Direct access to inputstream from no---signature

Hi!

> mobic.com [mailto:tore@mobic.com] wrote:
> ByteArrayStream is what we are using now, but I am concerned about the
> memory consumption since we are planning for large files with video
> content.
> It might be that we have to implement an intermediate file storage then
> avoid memory issues.

That's truly a problem.
Storing big binary files in a database is always a bit tricky, because most databases are designed to store huge amounts of small data (numbers and characters), not big binary information.
Maybe there's a chance with using PipedStreams, but I doubt it will end up in a good solution. I think temp files, as you mentioned, will be a better solution and easier to play with.

regards,

Steve