Posted to builds@apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/24 13:01:53 UTC

Info for including JUnit in our Continuous Integration Build system at Apache

Hi all,
my name is Sandro Martini, and I'm in the PMC of Apache Pivot.

Today I started to configure a Continuous Integration for Pivot on
Apache Jenkins build system, the job name is Pivot-trunk .

To make it work, I have to let it use a JUnit jar, but currently we
don't have it in our build system (based on Apache Ant) because of its
CPL license ( http://www.junit.org/license ).
At the moment, the solution seem to copy it in a folder inside source
control (SVN) and use it from there (but only during builds, and never
at runtime), but I don't know if this is a good choice (in terms of
license compatibility).

So excuse me, probably the question has already be solved, but I
didn't find a clear answer to this:
should I copy JUnit jar inside the workspace downloaded from SVN ?
Or could I add a reference to an already-existing junit jar from
somewhere, already in build servers ?
We are using the latest version, 4.8.2 .

Thank  you very much,
Sandro Martini

Re: Info for including JUnit in our Continuous Integration Build system at Apache

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Niklas,
I'll put junit inside a folder under trunk (as done for example here
by another Apache project:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk/lucene/lib/ ), and
change our ant build script to get it from there.

Thank you very much,
Sandro

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.