Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Anderson, Jessica" <Je...@trs.state.tx.us> on 2001/04/18 17:36:13 UTC

iPlanet and Struts Error: 400 SC_BAD_REQUEST

iPlanet users:
I've built my WAR file to include content, action classes, controller and
config files (I also have struts.jar, parser.jar, and jaxp.jar in
WEB-INF\lib), but i am getting the following error when clicking a link with

.do?[some parameters] extension.

Error:400 SC_BAD_REQUEST
null

Maybe I am missing something?

Servlet 2.0 javadocs says that this error is thrown from service method:
"This method looks whether the request is a POST, GET, etc method, and then
calls the appropriate doPost, doGet, whatever method.  If the request method
is something it can't handle it sends a HttpServletResponse.SC_BAD_REQUEST
error through the response."

Is there some reason the service method of ActionServlet couldn't handle my
request?  The actual request looks like this:

[18/Apr/2001:09:51:24 -0500] "GET
/NASApp/bestTestWAR/district/jsp/maintainDemographics.do?action=maintainDemo
graphics HTTP/1.0" 400

i have the alias set up in the DD and it looks correct.  I have successfully
deployed the same example on tomcat and am trying to convert to iPlanet.

thanks in advance for your help.
:)
Jessica