Posted to users@maven.apache.org by copernic Jeremy <co...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/13 17:40:40 UTC

Maven and macker plugin working??[UPDATES]

Hi all,

just to let you know some updates on my maven-macker-plugin issue:
I was not able to use the maven-macker-plugin available on repo1
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/maven-plugins/maven-macker-plugin/
In fact I found a link explaining how to use Macker with Maven 2 through the
maven-antrun-plugin.
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Running+Macker+with+Maven+2
It works fine for now but I must admit that I would prefer using a full
maven-macker-plugin without any ant tasks and build.xml files.
I think it could be great if we could define all the macker.xml's rules
directly into the pom.xml of the maven project, or simply specify the
location of the macker.xml file like the JettyConfig file style. Something
like that:

  <plugin>
                         <groupId>maven-plugins</groupId>
                         <artifactId>maven-macker-plugin</artifactId>
                         <version>0.4.2</version>
                         <configuration>

<mackerConfig>${basedir}src/test/macker.xml</mackerConfig>
                        </configuration>

 </plugin>

or

  <plugin>
                         <groupId>maven-plugins</groupId>
                         <artifactId>maven-macker-plugin</artifactId>
                         <version>0.4.2</version>
                         <configuration>
                           <macker>
                             <rulesets>
                                   <ruleSet>
                                        <accessRule>
                                            <from>myClass</from>
                                            <to>someJavaClass</to>
                                       </accessRule>
                                   </ruleSet>
                               </ruleSets>

                             </macker>
                        </configuration>

 </plugin>

Maybe someday, someone who knows well Macker and the development of maven
plugins could try release one like that?!
Yet, the main Macker developper is aware of these issue and suggestions and
he told me that he would suggest them for a futur release so lets hope!

regards,

Jeremy

Re: Maven and macker plugin working??[UPDATES]

Posted by Rémy Sanlaville <re...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Wayne.
We will try to use it as soon as possible (certainly during september) and
give you our feedback.

Rémy

Posted by Rémy Sanlaville <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wayne,

I would like to propose two improvements for the macker-maven-plugin:

1. I think its better to define the rules directories (by default) to
src/main/config rather than target/classes. In fact, I think it's better to
don't add the Macker rules file in the project package.

2. Like for instance maven-pmd-plugin, I would like to be able to declare
several macker rules files:
<plugin>
  <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
  <artifactId>macker-maven-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <executions>
    <execution>
      <phase>compile</phase>
      <goals>
        <goal>macker</goal>
      </goals>
    </execution>
  </executions>
  <configuration>
    <rules>
      <rule>macker.xml</rule>
      <rule>macker-common.xml</rule>
    </rules>
  </configuration>
</plugin>
I submitted a patch for these two improvements.
cf. http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-926

Regards,

Rémy

Re: Maven and macker plugin working??[UPDATES]

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
The source code is available in the sandbox, in head/trunk. You are
looking at a tag which pre-dates the initial check-in of the plugin.
Try .../mojo/trunk/.

If you put macker-rules.xml in src/main/resources, it is automatically
copied to /target/classes during Maven's execution. This is why I
chose this location. If you are running into a problem, please send me
the stack trace and a sample project, and I'll be happy to take a look
at it.

Wayne

Posted by copernic Jeremy <co...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wayne,