Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/06 21:42:50 UTC

OpenDS Access Control Requirements

Hi all,

Our cousin project OpenDS has published an Access Control Requirements
document:

https://opends.dev.java.net/public/docs/architecture/OpenDS-Access-Control-Requirements.pdf

I will try to read it ASAP and will try to see if there is any
interoperability possibility, or if we can learn anything from them. I may
also provide them some feedback as we have already been deeep into this
stuff.

We were preparing to reduct RFCs for our Access Control Subsystem which is
based on the X.500 counterpart. We also plan to propose some additions to
the X.500 Administrative and Access Control models. I hope to prepare such a
document soon to compare our Access Control Model to others and also to
discuss future improvements.

Cheers,

http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxSRVx11/proposed-rfcs.html
http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxSRVx11/aciitem-extensions.html

--
Ersin

Re: OpenDS Access Control Requirements

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Ersin Er wrote:

Great looking forward to your review of what you see.

Thanks,
Alex

FYI: I'm back after machine rebuild hell.