Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by PortalGuard <pg...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/01 19:57:45 UTC

Automatic Provisioning in Downstream Sources

Hello Everyone,

I have been using Apache Syncope for a little over 2 weeks and have finally
run into an issue. Currently, I am importing users into Syncope via a CSV
file, which imports users twice a day. Then I have a scheduled task to
create / update users in OpenLDAP. The issue is that the data in OpenLDAP
can sometime be dated since the update or creation is not instantaneous. Is
it possible to automatically provision users in OpenLDAP when they are
imported through the CSV file?

Thank you in advance,

--
Sent from: http://syncope-user.1051894.n5.nabble.com/

Re: Automatic Provisioning in Downstream Sources

Posted by Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro <ma...@tirasa.net>.
Hi

Il 01/06/20 21:57, PortalGuard ha scritto:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have been using Apache Syncope for a little over 2 weeks and have finally
> run into an issue. Currently, I am importing users into Syncope via a CSV
> file, which imports users twice a day. Then I have a scheduled task to
> create / update users in OpenLDAP. The issue is that the data in OpenLDAP
> can sometime be dated since the update or creation is not instantaneous. Is
> it possible to automatically provision users in OpenLDAP when they are
> imported through the CSV file?

You must assign the resource to be able to trigger a propagation. There
are several ways to assign a resource to an user during create:

  * Template [1]
  * PullActions [2]

Except for special requirements, it doesn't make sense to use a
scheduled task to propagate on resources. Syncope pulls from CSV and
will propagate on all assigned resources

Regards

[1]
http://syncope.apache.org/docs/2.1/reference-guide.html#provisioning-pull
[2] http://syncope.apache.org/docs/2.1/reference-guide.html#pullactions

> Thank you in advance,
>

> --
> Sent from: http://syncope-user.1051894.n5.nabble.com/

--
Dott. Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro
Tel. +39 3939065570

Tirasa S.r.l.
Viale Vittoria Colonna, 97 - 65127 Pescara
Tel +39 0859116307 / FAX +39 0859111173
http://www.tirasa.net

Apache Syncope PMC Member
http://people.apache.org/~mdisabatino/