Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Lou <lh...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/24 03:56:33 UTC

Anyone developing with FDT on Linux?

Been trying to get Flex running/debugging working from FDT either in a
browser or using AIR (2.6). With AIR I get this:

(adl:5572): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in
module_path: "oxygen-gtk",
error while loading initial content

Linux related obviously, but a little disappointed with the "detail" of
the error reporting from AIR here.

With a web project it's a more trivial problem which I can probably work
out eventually, but what's happening is my browser is downloading a swf
instead of opening it in the browser. Not really too unexpected since
there isn't any HTML wrapper file in this generated project that I can
see. I would have thought FDT would generate a wrapper like FB does, but
I guess not.

I really want to get FDT working rather than IntelliJ (Flex is a first
class citizen with FDT).
--
Lou

Re: Anyone developing with FDT on Linux?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I’m pretty sure FB copies from a template in the SDK and updates the
xmlns.  Wouldn’t surprise me if FDT does the same, but I think for recent
version of Flex other tags in the -app.xml have changed possibly in a way
that older versions may not like.

-Alex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 9/24/15, 5:41 AM, "Tom Chiverton" <tc...@extravision.com> wrote:

>That's a warning, and shouldn't be critical.

The oxygen-gtk might be a warning, but the last line is an error.  Often,
“initial content” errors mean that the version and/or format in the
-app.xml is not compatible with the version of AIR.  AIR 2.6 is pretty old
and the default app.xml might be newer.  Try to create a new -app.xml from
a template in the AIR 2.6 SDK.  Also make sure your Flex SDK and compiler
options are set up with a low enough swf-version for AIR 2.6.

>You probably just need to train the browser to open .swf rather than
>downloading them.

An Ant script can prepare the HTML wrapper for you. See:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/using/WS2db454920e96a9e51e63e3d11c0bf69084
-7ba4.html

HTH,
-Alex

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
That's a warning, and shouldn't be critical.

You probably just need to train the browser to open .swf rather than
downloading them.

Tom