Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by svprasad <sa...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/17 12:47:36 UTC

Unable to capture http traffic for “Login” (through ADFS) on Web App with Jmeter

Hello everyone,

We are trying to prepare a JMeter script (by recording through a Proxy) for
a web application flow which includes logging onto the application through
ADFS (where SAML requests are happening).

Manually, we are able to complete the flow using different Browsers but
while Recording after submitting the User details for ADFS to authenticate,
we receive an unexpected error on the application page "Authentication
failed. Close the browser and try again, or contact your administrator for
more information. If the problem persists, contact the administrator of
this site and provide the reference number to identify the problem."

 JMeter Version: 2.11 (tried with others versions too but result was same)
JDK: jdk1.7.0
Proxy Settings are configured in Browser & Tool (localhost, 8080)
Using “HTTP(S) Test Script Recorder” in JMeter to capture the http traffic

Kindly provide us suggestions in this regard on how to maneuver over this
error.

Thanks,

Varaprasad
09764355057

Re: Unable to capture http traffic for “Login” (through ADFS) on Web App with Jmeter

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
How is ADFS authenticating you ?Is it simple username/password ? Or are you
using something else like Client Certificates/integrated authentication
Probably worth asking your dev team what error they see...

Posted by svprasad <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shmuel,

No, Login is not taking longer duration even manually or while recording
.The issue is follows below.

Manually, we are able to complete the flow using different Browsers but
while Recording after submitting the User details and click on Login Button
, it is going  for ADFS to authenticate, before we see Home Page

Please provide your suggestions in this regard if you have already
experienced

Thanks,
Varaprasad

--
Regards.
Varaprasad

Re: Unable to capture http traffic for “Login” (through ADFS) on Web App with Jmeter

Posted by Shmuel Krakower <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Varaprasad

Posted by svprasad <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Deepak,

--
Regards.
Varaprasad

Re: Unable to capture http traffic for “Login” (through ADFS) on Web App with Jmeter

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by svprasad <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shmuel,

We are trying to record a web flow with Jmeter , the flow includes below
steps

1. Invoke the URL

2. Enter Username & Password and Click on Login

3. Logout

Here, after click on "Login" button the system is internally going for
 *ADFS(Active
Directory Federation Services )* to authentication by posting SAML Request
on ADFS server. once the user credential are authenticated the ADFS will
return SAML Response .

After this internal  mechanism user will go to his homepage.

So, we are facing the issue at click on Login button while recording the
flow with Jmeter , we are able to see SAML Request but not the Response.
tool is throwing below error

"Authentication failed. Close the browser and try again, or contact your
administrator for more information. If the problem persists, contact the
administrator of this site and provide the reference number to identify the
problem."

Because of this error we are not able to continue with recording.

--
Regards.
Varaprasad

Re: Unable to capture http traffic for “Login” (through ADFS) on Web App with Jmeter

Posted by Shmuel Krakower <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by svprasad <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Flavio,

--
Regards.
Varaprasad

Re: Unable to capture http traffic for “Login” (through ADFS) on Web App with Jmeter

Posted by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by svprasad <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Flavio,

Posted by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Ateles (Apache)" <at...@gmail.com>.
 Hi,

2.10 and 2.11 have issues with URL encoding (see bug #56207)
Try 2.12 or 2.13.
If you still have problems, you may use Firefox with the "Live HTTP
Headers" add-on to capture the URLs.