Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Esmond Pitt <es...@motile.net> on 2003/11/11 03:02:43 UTC

Schemas & grammar pools

(1) I've studied the XMLGrammarBuilder sample and tried quite a few things
but I can't get Xerces to behave as I want. What I want is that parsing an
XML document should fail unless every schema it references is *already in*
the grammar pool. Xerces seems to parse schemas referenced on demand (i.e.
if not in the pool), add them to the grammarBucket, and then give a warning
'One of the grammar(s) returned from the user's grammar pool is in conflict
with another grammar' when processing the final grammarBucket for the
document. I want to *prevent* the loading of  external schemas, but I'm not
clear how to do that - e.g. what can an entity resolver do to prevent
further processing of the entity if it's an unwanted schema?

(2) Parsing a schema with the pool unlocked results in the schema and all
referenced schemas being placed in the pool. This is great but if I am
parsing a directory full of schemas this results in grammar conflict
warnings if a referenced schema is parsed which has already been loaded.
Should I worry about this?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

EJP
Motile Research Pty Ltd

Re: Schemas & grammar pools

Posted by "K.Kawaguchi" <kk...@kohsuke.org>.
> Thanks, looks very interesting. Does it work with the current Xerces-J 2.5?

Should be. Let me know if it doesn't.

regards,

Re: Schemas & grammar pools

Posted by Esmond Pitt <es...@motile.net>.