Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by cajmrn <ca...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/06 15:50:44 UTC

Getting/Iterating through the information from the Grid

Hi Guys,

Im relatively new to Tapestry and I've tasked with assessing the viability
of Tapestry as the primary framework for our project solution. First let me
quickly describe the project, I will present the user with a grid of
content, at the end of each row will be a check box. when the user selects
as many checkboxes as he/she chooses and submits, we are to query an
external source for a further list for each of those selected checkboxes.

So after much toil, I was able to incorporate the checkboxes into the grid.
However, now I need to generate another grid based on what checkboxes were
checked. Is there some way to register a list of what checkboxes were
checked? or is there a way to iterate through a specific column/row in a
grid? really any kind or solution or direction would be greatly appreciated.

With many Thanks,

Re: Getting/Iterating through the information from the Grid

Posted by cajmrn <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi J,
I believe I understand what you are saying. I did use setters and getters
for my boolean state and I did see how changing the state from true to false
changed what was initially displayed in the grid. I will try to implement
your suggestion tonight.

If only there was more detailed information on these things. I've been using
the Tapestry 5 book from Kolesnikov as a reference and its been helpful to a
certain extent but obviously since I've turned to the forums...

Posted by Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca>.