Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Vikas Mishra <vi...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/09 22:44:36 UTC

Maven in python

Hi,

Hope you are doing well!

I  want to use maven (pom.xml) in python. I am having python 3.6.3 and
visual studio code as an IDE in my laptop. I also installed serenity with
"pip install maven" command where I got msven 0.1.0 version.

I am unable to create maven project there. May you please help me with
example (very basic) by how to use maven in python and any documents to go
through.

It will be highly appreciated if you can help me with this.

Regards,
Vikas Kumar Mishra
Delhi, India
9910193220

Re: Maven in python

Posted by he...@free.fr.
"pip install maven" will apparently install https://pypi.org/project/maven/
which is https://github.com/john-sandall/maven

nothing related to the well known Apache Maven build tool https://maven.apache.org/

Regards,

Hervé

Re: Maven in python

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vikas,

If you really want to use Apache Maven to build a python project (it is not
really done for it) you have two main options:

1. Use jython and maven integrations (
http://mavenjython.sourceforge.net/compile/)
2. Just disable default maven lifecycle and use exec maven plugin to launch
virtual env, pip, etc to kind of define your own lifecycle

The not listed option is to build your own maven lifecycle
(<packaging>python</packaging>) but I guess it is not needed for a single
project.

Romain Manni-Bucau

Re: Maven in python

Posted by Pim Moerenhout <pi...@gmail.com>.