Posted to users@maven.apache.org by nsowatsk <ns...@cisco.com> on 2009/10/27 13:53:26 UTC

Creating a dar archive

Hi all

I would like to use Maven to create a new kind of archive.

I want this new archive to be called a "dar" file.

I want it to work the same in all other respects as jars/wars/ears, so it is
really just the name that differs.

As a first stab at this I have created a DARMojo that extends
AbstractFromDependenciesMojo and made changes like:

    protected static File getJarFile(File basedir, String finalName) {

return new File(basedir, finalName + ".dar");
    }

And that's pretty much it.

BUT, I get this problem:

Installing xxx/yyy-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.dar to
xxx/0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/yyy-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

Where the dar file that I have created is being installed as a jar file :-/

So, any ideas about how I can work around this please?

Many thanks

Nathan

--
Nathan Sowatskey (nsowatsk@cisco.com) - Technical Leader, NMTG XMP -
+34-638-083-675

Re: Creating a dar archive

Posted by nsowatsk <ns...@cisco.com>.
That's right. It wasn't. Just for the purposes of the new type per se I
didn't need another mojo if all I wanted was the default behaviour.

Of course, since I actually want to copy all of the dependencies to put them
into the archive, I think that I do need my own Mojo, so I am writing that
now :-)

Thanks

Nathan

Re: Creating a dar archive

Posted by nsowatsk <ns...@cisco.com>.
I should further explain that I want the behaviour of the ear Mojo, with the
ability to filter etc. If there is a non-coding way to do that, please let
me know.

So, what I want is to create a dar file that contains the files from a
filtered list of the transitive dependencies in the various poms.

RE: Creating a dar archive

Posted by "Edelson, Justin" <Ju...@mtvstaff.com>.

Re: Creating a dar archive

Posted by nsowatsk <ns...@cisco.com>.