Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "John M. Gabriele" <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/03 20:36:06 UTC

can my .jws file have static inner classes in it?

I'm having trouble getting a .jws file working
as a web service when it contains inner classes.

I can navigate my browser to the .jws file, but
when I try and get its wsdl, I get:

AXIS error

Sorry, something seems to have gone wrong... here are the details:

Exception - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: MyWebService$MyInnerClass

Can I use static inner classes inside my .jws files
and have it work?

I've tried moving my .class files around in
axis/WEB-INF/jwsClasses (into subfolders matching
my package declaration in the .jws file), and it
axis/WEB-INF/classes but it hasn't helped.

Thanks,
---John

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: can my .jws file have static inner classes in it?

Posted by "John M. Gabriele" <jo...@yahoo.com>.

--- Javier Gonzalez <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Using the wsdd approach lets you use almost any class for providing
> services, and no restrictions to using inner types. Plus it's easier
> to develop and test in an IDE and then pack it in a .jar and put it in
> the axis-enabled servlet engine.

Thanks. But, how do I have multiple classes for just one web service?
Can you point me to an example wsdd that shows how to do this? Right
now, the WSDL looks like it only knows about that one top-level class.

Thanks,
---John

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Re: can my .jws file have static inner classes in it?

Posted by Javier Gonzalez <ja...@gmail.com>.
You could put your inner classes in a separate jar file and import
them in your jws.

--
Javier Gonzalez Nicolini

Re: can my .jws file have static inner classes in it?

Posted by "John M. Gabriele" <jo...@yahoo.com>.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs