Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Harshana Eranga Martin <ha...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/19 06:58:18 UTC

Re: [Axis2] Unable to Install Eclipse Plugins

Hi Shannon

On 19 January 2011 08:37, Shannnon Heimburg <Sh...@mindgold.org> wrote:

> I am trying to install the service archive generator wizard plug-in for
> Eclipse.   I have Eclipse Helios release 3.6.1, so it has the dropins
> directory.  I just downloaded the zip file for the service archive generator
> wizard.  I think it was 1.5.4.  I also downloaded the zip file for the code
> generator wizard plug-in.  I placed the two jar files in the dropins
> directory under the Eclipse directory.  I opened Eclipse, looked under
> File-New-Other but the Axis folder isn’t there.  I tried placing the jars in
> the plugins directory instead, but that didn’t work either.   So I looked
> online and found the following issue
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4896   I downloaded the jar
> files at the two links
> https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/job/axis2-1.5/lastBuild/org.apache.axis2$axis2.eclipse.codegen.plugin/
>  and
> https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/job/axis2-1.5/lastBuild/org.apache.axis2$axis2.eclipse.service.plugin/
> (which were 1.5.5) and placed them in the dropins directory instead of the
> 1.5.4 ones.  That didn’t work either.  What am I doing wrong?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Shannon

AKAIU, you have not done anything wrong here. Only thing I can think of is,
you have not placed 1.5.5 jars under the plugins folder.

AXIS2-4896[0] was fixed in the 1.5 and seems you have downloaded it and
already tried. Please try the following approaches and let us know, how it
goes.

1. Download the 1.5.5 zip archives from the links mentioned in the
Axis2-4896 and extract them and placed under plugins folder. (Instead of
dropins, placed them under the plugins folder). Try starting Eclipse with
"-clean" option.

2. If first approach also does not work, try starting the Eclipse with
-"console" option and try install the plugins manually to Eclipse via OSGi
console. Then you will be able to see errors/exceptions if there are any.

Please let us know what is the Eclipse distribution you are using (whether
it is Eclipse J2EE version or any other)

[0].  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4896

Thanks and Regards,
Harshana Martin
--
Harshana Eranga Martin
Software Engineer,

ECF Committer: http://www.eclipse.org/ecf/
Blog: http://harshana05.blogspot.com
Profile: https://www.google.com/profiles/harshana05

Re: [Axis2] Unable to Install Eclipse Plugins

Posted by Harshana Eranga Martin <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shanon,

On 22 January 2011 01:07, Shannnon Heimburg <Sh...@mindgold.org> wrote:

> Thanks for your help, Harshana.
>

> It turns out that I wasn’t using the right version of Eclipse.  I
> downloaded Eclipse for Java EE developers and the Axis wizards worked fine.

I'm glad that you were able to solve your  problem.

Thanks and Regards,
Harshana

Posted by Shannnon Heimburg <Sh...@mindgold.org>.

Posted by Harshana Eranga Martin <ha...@gmail.com>.