Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Craig Parker <cr...@fossfolks.com> on 2018/01/26 02:15:46 UTC

Data Import/Export Procedure

With the GL issue I had in 16.11.03, I went to Web Tools > XML Data
Export, selected the "Check All (not views)" button, then set up a new
instance of OFBiz with 16.11.04 using:

./gradlew "ofbiz --load-data readers=seed,seed-initial"
loadAdminUserLogin -PuserLoginId=admin

Once I'd changed the admin password, I then went to Web Tools > XML Data
Import and started the import. It borked, and it looks like (in the
console.log) the problem started when importing GL stuff.

Was I supposed to have first gone instead to XML Data Export All ? I'm
using MySQL. Does it matter? I've still got my old 16.11.03 directory,
and mysql dumps of the data, so I can do it all again if I have to. I'm
trying to nail this down for documentation.

Re: Data Import/Export Procedure

Posted by Paul Foxworthy <pa...@cohsoft.com.au>.
Hi Craig,

DHL, Orbital, SecurePay, UPS and ClearCommerce are specific payment and
freight gateways and could be irrelevant to you. If you do need them, take
one element out of the data file and try to import that standalone - use
Import Text on
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/webtools/control/EntityImport .

You'll get a better error message describing the problem.

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy

--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd