Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com> on 2014/11/13 14:55:11 UTC

Remove Tapestry Meta Tag

Hi guys, is there away to remove the "Apache Tapestry Framework (version
5.4-beta-22)" meta tag from my src? As you all know I love this framework,
however I'd like to try and limit my exposure to hackers looking for
a vulnerability

--
George Christman
CEO

Re: Remove Tapestry Meta Tag

Posted by Dusko Jovanovski <du...@gmail.com>.
Sure, you just need to override this
symbol: SymbolConstants.OMIT_GENERATOR_META.
Here's a sample of overriding it in a module:

        @Contribute(SymbolProvider.class)
@ApplicationDefaults
public static void provideSymbols(MappedConfiguration<String, Object>
configuration)
{
// ...
               configuration.add(SymbolConstants.OMIT_GENERATOR_META, true);
}

Re: Remove Tapestry Meta Tag

Posted by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com>.
I'm only using that as an example. Yes he fixed it, but unfortunately I
don't know how to use the fix with ajax. Another topic though.

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 9:15 AM, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <
thiagohp@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Nov 2014 12:11:09 -0200, George Christman <
> gchristman@cardaddy.com> wrote:
>
>  I know your probably right, but I don't want to do all the work for them
>> lol, I just worry about things that may come up like the select menu
>> vulnerability Howard discovered. Anyhow Thanks guys :)
>>

> Isn't that fixed already?
>

> --
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> http://machina.com.br

George Christman
CEO
www.CarDaddy.com
P.O. Box 735
Johnstown, New York

Re: Remove Tapestry Meta Tag

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: Remove Tapestry Meta Tag

Posted by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com>.
On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 9:04 AM, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <
thiagohp@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Nov 2014 11:55:11 -0200, George Christman <
> gchristman@cardaddy.com> wrote:
>
>  Hi guys, is there away to remove the "Apache Tapestry Framework (version
>> 5.4-beta-22)" meta tag from my src?
>>

> SymbolConstants.OMIT_GENERATOR_META, "tapestry.omit-generator-meta".
>
>  As you all know I love this framework, however I'd like to try and limit
>> my exposure to hackers looking for
>> a vulnerability
>>

> Hackers would figure out you're using Tapestry, even specifically 5.4,
> very easily. Even non-hackers. Anyway, that's not the kind of thing they'd
> use for an attack. It would be probably SQL injection or badly secured
> pages or attacks based on the operating system and its services.

I know your probably right, but I don't want to do all the work for them
lol, I just worry about things that may come up like the select menu
vulnerability Howard discovered. Anyhow Thanks guys :)

> --
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> http://machina.com.br

George Christman
CEO
www.CarDaddy.com
P.O. Box 735
Johnstown, New York

Re: Remove Tapestry Meta Tag

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: Remove Tapestry Meta Tag

Posted by Thilo Tanner <th...@reprisk.com>.
Hi George,

Of course, you can do that. Contribute the following to the application
defaults (in your main module class):

public static void
contributeApplicationDefaults(MappedConfiguration<String, Object>
configuration)
    {
  configuration.add(SymbolConstants.OMIT_GENERATOR_META, true);
    }

Best,
Thilo