Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by "Stefan.Borovac@t-online.de" <St...@t-online.de> on 2008/09/23 15:56:42 UTC

XMLSocketAppender: Reconnection fails

Hi All,

for some reason, a XMLSocketAppender does not reconnect to
Chainsaw, after some initial events have been sent and then
chainsaw was killed.

What I have figured out is that in the following code snippet
from SocketAppenderSkeleton.cpp

---------- schnipp ----------
void SocketAppenderSkeleton::fireConnector()
{
        synchronized sync(mutex);
        if (thread.isActive()) {
                thread.run(monitor, this);
        }
}
-------- schnapp ------------

the method thread.isActive always returns false. It seems that
the methods returns true if there is some (apr) thread object
instantiated. But that does not happen.

The same behaviour is shown when the connection cannot be established
at the beginning of a session.

Is that a known bug/feature?? I'am using log4cxx 0.10.0.

Cheers
  Stefan

Re: XMLSocketAppender: Reconnection fails

Posted by "Stefan.Borovac@t-online.de" <St...@t-online.de>.
Hi Dale,

thanks a lot. I haven't expected such a bug in a
release. Better switch to the latest head revision
then ......

  Stefan

It is a bug in 0.10.0, but is fixed in subversion. The fix is to make
that if( !thread.isActive() )

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 9:56 AM, Stefan.Borovac@t-online.de [2]
wrote:
[...]

 Is that a known bug/feature?? I&#39;am using log4cxx 0.10.0. [4]

 Cheers
   Stefan

--
Dale King

Links:
------
[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-277
[2] mailto:Stefan.Borovac@t-online.de
[3] mailto:Stefan.Borovac@t-online.de
[4] http://0.10.0.

Re: XMLSocketAppender: Reconnection fails

Posted by Dale King <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Dale King