Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com> on 2009/05/11 14:04:29 UTC

Fwd: Downloading Lucene 2.9 from Maven

Can someone with more experience in maven/hudson/ant figure out what's
wrong w/ our maven build process?

>From the last nightly build at
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/823/console, I
can see that indeed we are running this command:

  /export/home/hudson/tools/ant/latest/bin/ant -lib
/export/home/nigel/hudsonSupport/maven
-Dsvnversion.exe=/opt/subversion-current/bin/svnversion
-Dsvn.exe=/opt/subversion-current/bin/svn -Dversion=2.4-SNAPSHOT
generate-maven-artifacts

which is wrong (it should be 2.9-SNAPSHOT).  That's the first problem...

The second problem is we are somehow failing to properly publish the
artifacts, because in the snapshot repository I only see
maven-metadata.xml (no artifacts), eg:

  http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/org/apache/lucene/lucene-core/

Any ideas?

Mike

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> wrote:
> Note, I don't know where that Maven repo URL came from, as the one that is
> being published to is
> http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/lucene/
> and I see that it _is_ being updated, despite the 2.4-SNAPSHOT
> incorrectness.

OK... I actually found the snapshot repository URL here:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-development-plugins.html...
but it looks like that's the place where Maven publishes its own dev
versions of its plugins.

So I think we can disregard that one and simply say "Lucene publishes
its SNAPSHOT artifacts to the people.apache.org location".

> Basically, here's what happens:
> 1. Hudson calls the generate-maven-artifacts target, which goes and does
> it's thing, producing the artifacts locally on the Lucene zone.
> 2. Hudson then copies those artifacts back over to the Hudson zone.
> 3. the nightly/publish-maven.sh script then runs nightly via a cron job
> whereby it copies the artifacts to the Apache snapshot repository:
>       scp -r
> /export/home/hudson/hudson/jobs/Lucene-trunk/lastSuccessful/archive/maven_artifacts/lucene/*
> gsingers@people.apache.org:/www/people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/lucene
>
> I just ran the Hudson job and the publish-maven script and I confirm that
> 2.9-SNAPSHOT is now being published to
> http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/lucene/lucene-core/

OK thanks!

> Note, I am going to go through and clean out old snapshots once I can
> connect to people.a.o, as we should not be keeping old snapshot artifacts
> this long.

Sounds great.

Mike

Re: Downloading Lucene 2.9 from Maven

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
[...]

-Grant

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Thanks Grant!

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
OK, looking closer, looks like the wiki is out of date.  I'll update
that too.

On May 11, 2009, at 11:20 AM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

> On May 11, 2009, at 11:17 AM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
>
>> I'll check it out.
>>
>> On May 11, 2009, at 8:04 AM, Michael McCandless wrote:
>>
>>> Can someone with more experience in maven/hudson/ant figure out
>>> what's
>>> wrong w/ our maven build process?
>>>
>>> From the last nightly build at
>>> http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/823/
>>> console, I
>>> can see that indeed we are running this command:
>>>
>>> /export/home/hudson/tools/ant/latest/bin/ant -lib
>>> /export/home/nigel/hudsonSupport/maven
>>> -Dsvnversion.exe=/opt/subversion-current/bin/svnversion
>>> -Dsvn.exe=/opt/subversion-current/bin/svn -Dversion=2.4-SNAPSHOT
>>> generate-maven-artifacts
>>>
>>> which is wrong (it should be 2.9-SNAPSHOT).  That's the first
>>> problem...
>>
>> Note Step 8 on http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseTodo.
>> I'll fix.
>
> Make that Step 8 under "Publishing"

--------------------------
Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

using Solr/Lucene:

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
I'll check it out.

On May 11, 2009, at 8:04 AM, Michael McCandless wrote:

> Can someone with more experience in maven/hudson/ant figure out what's
> wrong w/ our maven build process?
>
> From the last nightly build at
> http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/823/console, I
> can see that indeed we are running this command:
>
>  /export/home/hudson/tools/ant/latest/bin/ant -lib
> /export/home/nigel/hudsonSupport/maven
> -Dsvnversion.exe=/opt/subversion-current/bin/svnversion
> -Dsvn.exe=/opt/subversion-current/bin/svn -Dversion=2.4-SNAPSHOT
> generate-maven-artifacts
>
> which is wrong (it should be 2.9-SNAPSHOT).  That's the first
> problem...

Note Step 8 on http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseTodo.  I'll
fix.

> The second problem is we are somehow failing to properly publish the
> artifacts, because in the snapshot repository I only see
> maven-metadata.xml (no artifacts), eg:
>
>  http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/org/apache/lucene/lucene-core/

There are other oddities there as well.  Let me look.