Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Alex \"Sniper\" Togstad" <sn...@3dretreat.com> on 2002/03/06 01:01:36 UTC

DNS Servers

Hello Everybody,

Maybe out of the subject, but I thought I would ask....

What DNS server applications are you using to host your own name servers. I was using SimpleDNS and I loved it till the evaluation time ran out. I'm looking for something like it in the mean time. I'll probably end up purchasing SimpleDNS, but looking for something till then.

I have used DNS2Go, DNS 2.1 and I'm currently trying DNS Commander Enterprise Edt.

What do yall use that's easy to config, setup and use..

Thanx!

Alex Togstad
Owner/Manager
Jifa Computers
http://www.jifacomputers.com(down)
sniper@3dretreat.com

Re: DNS Servers

Posted by Steve Leach <sl...@askalix.com>.
tinydns is an easy to configure robust server.....
bind will do the job - the Webmin interface is quite good if you 'd rather use a graphical interface?

Best Regards,

Steve Leach
Network Manager
Miami International Limited
Eaglescliffe Logistics Centre
Durham Lane
Egglescliffe
TEL: 01642 356205
e-mail: sleach@askalix.com

Securing Access Database's under Apache...

Posted by "Alex \"Sniper\" Togstad" <sn...@3dretreat.com>.
Howdy;

Well since I'm messing with asp now, and soon PHP/MySQL I wanted to see what yall thought would be the best way to secure a database I have on my server. I'm not talking about firewalls etc, but what I can do within Apache.

So what is the best way to secure an Access or DB for that matter in Apache?

Thank you!