Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Artur Arsénio <Ar...@siemens.com> on 2005/09/01 12:42:33 UTC

Twister

Hi,

 I work at Siemens, and we are evaluating the possible use of the Twister workflow engine. It seems that
Twister joined The Apache Software Foundation as an incubated project in Agila.

Can you tell us more information concerning such integration.
Is it already incubated? If so, with a new name?
What is the maturity of the product right now?

Thank you in advance,
Artur Arsenio

Re: Twister

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Artur,

Twister is now under incubation in the project Agila. Agila was a
pre-existent workflow engine with no support for BPEL and web service
orchestration. So Twister joined Agila (now renamed Agila BPM) and has been
renamed Agila BPEL. You can find more detail about this on the Agila wiki :
http://wiki.apache.org/agila.

Agila BPEL hasn't be released yet as it's not ready yet and is still under
incubation. But it's maturity is the same as Twister (same codebase), with
the same community of users and projects.

For further information, would you join Agila user mailing list ? Just
subscribe to agila-user-subscribe@incubator.apache.org and post to
agila-user@incubator.apache.org. Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Matthieu Riou.