Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Manisha Chermadurai <ma...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/09 14:22:59 UTC

Re: Having two servers and controlling my secondary server with the primary server

Good evening Sir,

I am trying to control my secondary server with the primary server of mine.
Bothe are of versions 9.0. Primary server has been available in my physical
machine and my secondary server is in virtual machine. Both are of windows
10. I am connecting the vm's 8080 port through the ip address from primary
machine. It works fine. But I have a doubt like , Can I create my secondary
server without allocating port ? I have tried it works fine, but there is
no entry point for my server. I have doubt of creating a comnector for my
vm's server from my primary server and the condition is also like I have to
create a connector for my secondary server and it can be accessible only
when my primary server is down. I have researched and tried many things for
literally 2 weeks. But I got stuck in this. So, once again I repeat my
question,  it's I have to create a connector for my secondary server by my
primary server and it will be only accessible when my primary server is
down.So my client won't get chance to connect my secondary server through
the ip and port. I have tried failover with nginx. But I want to try this
only with my server.xml file.

Kindly help me with this question.

Thank You for your support

Re: Having two servers and controlling my secondary server with the primary server

Posted by Olaf Kock <to...@olafkock.de>.
On 09.01.23 18:12, Mark Thomas wrote:
> Your mentor is wrong.
>
> Mark

To elaborate on that: When one server is down, its configuration will be
inactive as well. There's nothing that this non-running server will be
able to do for you. You'll need to externalize the decision which
server's responses to serve to /some/ external entity

Olaf

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Your mentor is wrong.

Mark