Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by David Viner <dv...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2002/04/28 00:43:31 UTC

dtd expand - xerces bug

hi,
	i noticed this thread
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xindice-users&m=101860831918102&w=2
discussing the problem of dtd comments being included in the serialized
documents.  but all discussion seems to have halted from 4/12.  is there any
update on the solution?  i've tried using xerces 1.4.3, 1.4.4, and 2.0.1,
all of which seem to exhibit this bug.  i have not yet tried the xerces
strait from cvs....

thanks
dave viner

Re: dtd expand - xerces bug

Posted by Sixten Otto <so...@mac.com>.
At 03:43 PM 4/27/02 -0700, David Viner wrote:
>is there any update on the solution?  i've tried using xerces 1.4.3,
>1.4.4, and 2.0.1, all of which seem to exhibit this bug.  i have not yet
>tried the xerces strait from cvs....

Most of the solutions offered were more work than I was prepared to engage
in (such as figuring out how to write my own serializer), and then I got
distracted with other things. At the time, I did try compiling Xerces from
CVS, and it exhibited the same behavior.

Sixten