Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Charles Benett <Ch...@benett1.demon.co.uk> on 2001/02/13 17:09:52 UTC

Nightly builds

Hi!

What's the procedure for making nightly, milestone and release builds of
jakart-james available on the binary and source build pages?

Thanks

Charles

Re: Nightly builds

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <cg...@qos.ch>.
While we are at it, who does the nightly builds? Is there a project (jakarta) wide system, or is each project responsible to make the nightly build and transfer the results to  /www/jakarta.apache.org/builds/{projectname}/nightly/

Thanks, Ceki

At 09:04 13.02.2001 -0800, you wrote:
>Charles Benett wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> What's the procedure for making nightly, milestone and release builds of
>> jakart-james available on the binary and source build pages?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>There are three basic tasks needed:
>
>* Upload the appropriate files to our server,
>  using "scp" or some equivalent file transfer
>  protocol.  The typical place for such files is
>  a hierarchy under:
>
>    /www/jakarta.apache.org/builds/{project-name}/
>
>* Modify the links on your subproject home page
>  as desired to point at these download directories.
>
>* Update the Jakarta web site pages that point at
>  the downloads, by checking out the "jakarta-site2"
>  CVS module and following the instructions in the
>  README file (top level directory).
>
>I can assist (offline) if you have any questions along the way.
>

>> Charles
>>

>Craig McClanahan

----
Ceki Gülcü           e-mail: cgu@qos.ch (preferred)
av. de Rumine 5              ceki_gulcu@yahoo.com
CH-1005 Lausanne
Switzerland            Tel: ++41 21 351 23 15

Re: Nightly builds

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Charles Benett wrote:

> Hi!
>
> What's the procedure for making nightly, milestone and release builds of
> jakart-james available on the binary and source build pages?
>
> Thanks

There are three basic tasks needed:

* Upload the appropriate files to our server,
  using "scp" or some equivalent file transfer
  protocol.  The typical place for such files is
  a hierarchy under:

    /www/jakarta.apache.org/builds/{project-name}/

* Modify the links on your subproject home page
  as desired to point at these download directories.

* Update the Jakarta web site pages that point at
  the downloads, by checking out the "jakarta-site2"
  CVS module and following the instructions in the
  README file (top level directory).

I can assist (offline) if you have any questions along the way.

> Charles

Craig McClanahan