Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Mark Bentley <be...@cs.umn.edu> on 1997/03/03 01:10:00 UTC

general/216: SERVER_NAME environment variable not always fully expanded (resolved)

>Number:         216
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       SERVER_NAME environment variable not always fully expanded (resolved)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I depend on the SERVER_NAME environment variable in CGI scripts, especially for
determining which domain a request came through on a multi-honed server.  The
problem is it's not always set to the fully qualified host.domainname format.

If you could guarantee that SERVER_NAME is *always* set to the fully qualified
host.domainname, regardless of the host specified in the URL, it would help a lot.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

%0