Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Neo Thinker <ne...@hotmail.com> on 2002/02/26 23:25:35 UTC

Tomcat 4 + Apache + Linux + multiple virtual name-based hosts + separate instanc

I have been working on this for a LONG time. There's got to be some
smart guy out there with the answer.

I would like to do this:
On one Red Hat Linux box,
run one instance of Apache,
with multiple name-based virtual hosts,
with a separate instance of Tomcat 4 for each virtual host.

I have gotten the virtual hosts to work without tomcat. I have gotten
multiple tomcat servers to work as standalone. I have gotten 1 virtual
host to work with an instance of tomcat, the other virtual hosts did
not have tomcat (because of a "Web-application not yet deployed" error
when I try to give a WebAppConnection for each virtual host).

If anyone has knowledge of how to do this, please let me know. I am
creating new website so I can even use different technology if
necessary. I am thinking that I can not do this (at least not with
mod_webapp).

Help, please.