Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Edd Dawson <E....@derby.ac.uk> on 2004/03/02 15:55:33 UTC

Form based authentication

Hi

I have successfully set up tomcat to protect various parts of my
application using JDBCrealm and form-based-authentication, and it all
works fine.

Now i have written a system whereby new users can register and it
creates them their chosen username and puts them in the right roles in
the database.

Now what i want to be able to do is have my servlet automatically log
them in as the register without the need for them to be redirected to
the login-form and re-enter their username and password.

I am presuming this is possible as i log my users out by invoking
request.getSession().invalidate(); in my logoff servlet, so my question
is how do i create their session without using the default login form?

Thanks
Edd