Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Rooms, Christoph" <cr...@silverstream.be> on 2001/02/13 09:51:44 UTC

Struts & SilverStream

Hi Burr,

At the moment one of my colleagues is making such a document.

But deploying struts on SilverStream is quite easy.

Just make sure you have a war, and upload this war to the SilverStream
server using SilverCmd DeployWar. (or BuildWar if you want to build the jar
and then deploy it).

That is all you need to do to make a struts project working on SilverStream.
You only have to make sure you'll have a Struts build after 24/01/2001.

Take a look at :

http://www.silverstream.com/website/SilverStream/Pages/seminar_virt_archives
.html

It holds very interesting J2EE presentations. At the bottom you'll find one
about Java Server Pages (JSP) Application Design. It is about MVC and
struts. Also the SilverBooks37 db is made with struts. From the moment 1.0
is released, SilverBooks will be updated to Struts 1.0.

SilverStream is doing very well in Europe. Almost every European country has
got his office and we are fast growing.

Kind regards,
Christoph Rooms
Field Application Engineer
Mobile : +32475531529
Yahoo Messenger id : christoph_rooms

Mark Your Calendar!
SilverSummit 2001, April 8-12, Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
<http://www.silverstream.com/userconference>>
SILVERSTREAM's eBUSINESS PLATFORM in action: Visit:
<http://www.CivicLife.com>
This solution realizes the vision of a "Citizen-Centric Civic World" by
harnessing the Internet
to enable personal, real-time interactions between citizens and their civic
institutions.
To learn more about this and other SilverStream eBusiness solutions visit:
<http://www.silverstream.com/customers>>

Posted by "Ludwig, Pat" <pl...@silverstream.com>.
Updates to the installation notes for Silverstream have been uploaded to the
Struts-Dev list
and will be checked in soon according to one of our noble list moderators.
until he gets around
to it, the instructions follow below.  As Christoph indicates, deployment is
quite easy and
straight-forward.

regards,
Pat Ludwig

Instructions for Deploying Struts applications under SilverStream
Application Server 3.7.1
-------------------------------------

* Start the SilverStream application server.

* Create an XML deployment plan for the "struts-example.war"
  application. Call the file "struts-example-depl-plan.xml". You can
  use the following contents for the file:

----------- cut here ------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE warJarOptions PUBLIC
                        "-//SilverStream Software, Inc.//DTD J2EE WAR
Deployment Plan//EN"
                        "deploy_war.dtd">

<warJarOptions>
    <warJar>
        <warJarName>struts-example.war</warJarName>
        <isEnabled>true</isEnabled>
    </warJar>
</warJarOptions>
----------- cut here ------------

* Create an XML deployment plan for the "struts-documentation.war"
  application. Call the file
  "struts-documentation-depl-plan.xml". You can use the following
  contents for the file:

----------- cut here ------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE warJarOptions PUBLIC
                        "-//SilverStream Software, Inc.//DTD J2EE WAR
Deployment Plan//EN"
                        "deploy_war.dtd">

<warJarOptions>
    <warJar>
        <warJarName>struts-example.war</warJarName>
        <isEnabled>true</isEnabled>
    </warJar>
</warJarOptions>

* Run the following 'SilverCmd DeployWAR' commands to deploy the
  applications.  You can change 'localhost' to whatever server you
  are deploying to. You can change 'Silvermaster' to whatever
  database you are deploying to.

     SilverCmd DeployWar localhost Silvermaster struts-example.war -f
struts-example-depl-plan.xml
     SilverCmd DeployWar localhost Silvermaster struts-documentation.war -f