Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> on 2006/04/03 14:09:27 UTC

Re: Axis2 next release

Big +1 for moving ahead with this plan .. we've been working at this for
a long time and its time to draw the line and declare our first victory.
Of course 1.0 is not the end of the road and we have a lot more good
stuff to come!

Sanjiva.

Re: Axis2 next release

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

Re: Axis2 next release

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Ok, here is my +1 :)

Re: Axis2 next release

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me

Thanks,
Ruchith

Re: Axis2 next release

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
+1 for RC1..

Re: Axis2 next release

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 for the RC1

Re: Axis2 next release

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
hi All

Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

>Big +1 for moving ahead with this plan .. we've been working at this for
>a long time and its time to draw the line and declare our first victory.
>Of course 1.0 is not the end of the road and we have a lot more good
>stuff to come!
>
>Sanjiva.
>

>On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 15:58 +0600, Deepal Jayasinghe wrote:
>

> Hi all,
>
> We've been working towards a 1.0 for a long time and as discussed in
> the thread http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-dev&m=114285537804599&w=2,
>
> I would like to propose the following plan for the release.
>
>    1.  Fix items listed in the wiki at
> http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2/releases/1.0
>    2.  Do a release candidate (since we don not have the notion of
> RC's this would be called 0.96)
>          (Features and API's will be frozen in this point)
>    3.  Leave the RC for about a week or so for the people to play
> around and find issues (which might be there)
>    4.  name the .96 release as 1.0 and do a formal 1.0 release  (with
> bugs fixed of course)
>

> here is my +1 for the release .

Deepal
~Future is Open~