Posted to user@chukwa.apache.org by GuoWei <we...@wbkit.com> on 2012/12/25 06:52:34 UTC

How to process Data when Server Connected Resused?

Dear all,

Recently, I write a my custom adaptor and map processor to store data to
Hbase.  But when I shut down the Hbase, I found many many error logs in
Collector.log. My questions are :

1. When my custom adaptor can not connect to collector, do I need to store
data temporary myself ? Or chukwa can do this for me ?
     2.  When my custom demux map processor can not connect to Hbase, do I
need to store data   temporary my self at collector side ? Or chukwa can do
this for me ?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards / 商祺
郭伟 Guo Wei
南京西桥科技有限公司
Western Bridge Tech Ltd.,  Nanjing
南京市玄武区花园路8号一号楼511
No. 511, Building 1, No. 8, Hua Yuan Road
Xuanwu District, Nanjing, PR China
Email: wei.guo@wbkit.com <ma...@wbkit.com>
Tel: +86 25 8528 4900 (Operator)
Mobile: +86 138 1589 8257
Fax: +86 25 8528 4980
Web: http://www.wbkit.com <http://www.wbkit.com/>
WesternBridge Tech: Professional software service provider. Professional is
MANNER as well CAPABILITY.

Re: How to process Data when Server Connected Resused?

Posted by Eric Yang <er...@gmail.com>.
hi GuoWei,

The current offset of the adaptor is one way to track how much data are
sent.  If your data is not stored in local disk of the agent, then data can
be lost when sending buffer is full.  Collector buffers data in memory, it
does not store in collector disks by default.  There is a local writer
which buffers data in disk and upload to hdfs.  This is not turn on by
default.  Hence, you can utilize local writer or implement your own writer
to achieve the same result.
See: http://incubator.apache.org/chukwa/docs/r0.5.0/collector.html for more
information about local writer.

We are planning to merge collector and agent together to provide ability to
spill to local disk, and reduce deployment complexity.  This is in:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CHUKWA-674

If you are interested.

regards,
Eric