Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2013/10/03 09:33:59 UTC

SLING-3143 - UserAdmin group members cannot create users on Oak, suggestions?

Hi,

See SLING-3143 for a somewhat brute-forcish patch, does anyone have a
better suggestion? I'm not familiar with that module.

I suspect Oak might require that UserAdmin group to be setup in a specific
way to allow its members to create users, haven't studied that in detail
yet - maybe someone here already knows how.

For my understanding, is UserAdmin a "magical" group in Jackrabbit, or is
any user allowed to create other users there?

-Bertrand

(BTW with this patch I'm down to 22 integration tests failures and 7
errors, out of our 512 integration tests running on Oak...getting there)

Re: SLING-3143 - UserAdmin group members cannot create users on Oak, suggestions?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 9:33 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...For my understanding, is UserAdmin a "magical" group in Jackrabbit, or is
> any user allowed to create other users there?...

I dug deeper and it looks like the difference between Jackrabbit and
Oak is the former using its UserAccessControlProvider [1] to create
the special UserAdmin and GroupAdmin groups.

I'll ask on the Oak list what's the equivalent in Oak.

-Bertrand

[1] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/2.2/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/security/user/UserAccessControlProvider.html