Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Thomas Mahler <th...@apache.org> on 2002/12/23 19:18:22 UTC

Re: JDO support by providing a plugin

Hi Serge,

Boulay, Serge wrote:
 > " JDO support by providing a plugin to the JDO reference
 > implementation "
 >
 > does this mean their is full jdo support in 9.8 ?

Yes! A little christmas present from the OJB team!
I did not make a loud proclamation, as we have not done any thorough
testing and did not even try to run the testsuite shipped with the JDO
reference implementation.

 > For those of us
 > using odmg api does this mean we can make the switch to the jdo api .

Depends. If you want to try out things, start learning JDO, experiment,
etc. this solution will be fine.

- But if you need something rocksolid, thoroughly tested, I'd still
recomend the ODMG implementation.

- the usage of the JDO RI is restricted by SUN's license.

- There may be bugs in my plugin code. If we find them: fine, I'll fix
them asap. But what happens if you find bugs in SUN's JDO RI?
I'm not sure they will provide any support for it.

cheers,
Thomas