Posted to user@struts.apache.org by naga satish chandra rupenaguntla <rn...@yahoo.com> on 2004/07/26 15:24:55 UTC

mapping.setInput()

Hi,
    I am trying to change the input jsp page of my action mapping in the validate method of my form bean using mapping.setInput() method.
     Then, I get a "Configuration is frozen " error message.  Can anyone tell me how i can dynamically change the input for my action mapping during validation.
     This is because i have my application designed like this.  I have to make user input across 4 input forms.  All these 4 input forms share the same form bean.  The fields which are not input in a particular form are as hidden fields.  form1 calls action2 to load form2.  form2 can call action1 to load form1 or action3 to load form3.  form3 calls action2 to get form 2 and action4 to call form4.
      Now, my problem is this.  when i am in form2, and i call action3, my input is form2 and if validation fails, form2 has to display errors.  so in my action mapping for action3, if i specify form2 as my input, then if i call action3 from form4, my input is being taken as form2 instead of form4.  so i have a hidden field telling which form i am in, and wanted to set the input field of the mapping dynamically in the validate method.  This leads to the above error.
   can anyone offer me a solution to this problem telling me how can i overcome this problem.

Thank you very much,
Satish