Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Renu Tiwari <Re...@infosys.com> on 2008/01/02 14:35:40 UTC

64 bit Apache 2.2.4 on windows getting crashed

Hi All,

We have installed 64 bit Apache 2.2.4 on windows. We downloaded the installer from http://www.blackdot.be/?inc=apache/binaries

The issue is when Apache is configured with a thirdparty module (64 bit as well) and is started the error is shown in event viewer as:-

Faulting application httpd.exe, version 2.2.3.0, faulting module abc_xyz.dll, version 6.0.513.383, fault address 0x00000000000ec417.

We have checked in Apache's error logs, no error is present there.

Please suggest.

Thanks

RE: 64 bit Apache 2.2.4 on windows getting crashed

Posted by Axel-Stephane SMORGRAV <Ax...@europe.adp.com>.
>From the description of it the version of Apache you are using is 2.2.3 instead of 2.2.4.

Would the 3pp you are using by any chance be SM 6.0 ??

I think this kind of inquiries first of all belongs on the users list.

-ascs

________________________________

Posted by Jorge Schrauwen <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Like wrowe said... if it only happens with the module its mostlikely
the module and not httpd (or my binary of httpd in this case).

Although I've seen this before. The binaries on blackdot are compiled
with visual studio 2005 and link to MSVCR80.dll, if the module is
compiled against an other version it may give problems but not always
(go figure) so if the module is indeed compiled for 64-bit with MSVC8
(aka visual studio 2005) and it still give problems its most likely
the module.

Kind regards

---
Jorge Schrauwen
Webmaster Blackdot.be

--
~Jorge

Re: 64 bit Apache 2.2.4 on windows getting crashed

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.