Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Martijn Hinten <ma...@cumquat.nl> on 2006/07/06 10:48:23 UTC

How to set and get the name of a DIME attachment?

Hello,

I am creating a webservice and its client. The client is sending a
DIME attachment to the service, using a DataHandler. The webservice
is receiving the DIME attachment and saves it to the file system. So
far, so good. I can even handle extremely large files. But can
anybody tell me how the client can set the filename of the attachment
so that the webservice can retrieve that name and save it with that
same name? I have tried wrapping the AttachmentPart and calling it's
setAttachmentFile() method, but that does not seem to work. When the
webservice calls AttachmentPart.getAttachmentFile() it returns names
like "C:\temp\attachments\Axis18167.att". I have figured out where I
can set the "C:\temp\attachments\" part (server-config.wsdd), but I
do not know how to set the filename. Anybody?

Related question:
Eventually my webervice will be called by a .net client. How do .net
clients set the DIME filename?

Thanks for any relpy.

Regards,
Martijn