Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by dy...@rayleigh.optics.utoronto.ca on 2005/07/07 19:42:45 UTC

Lenya + db?

hello,

I am trying to find a way to integrate documents generated from database
queries into Lenya publishing. My preference would be to build on top of a
native xml database(using xpath or xquery and xupdate) I wanted to try and
avoid translating into SQL if I can

So far I have following possibilities:

1. eXist has example of using Cocoon/xquery generator with their db

http://demo.exist-db.org/exist/examples.xml

Given this I could seamlessly integrate as one of the generators in lenya
perhaps?

2. Cocoon has SQL transformer. I would rather avoid this however

3. Xindice is using xpath as its query language. Do I need to write a
custom transformer or generator to use xpath queries with one of the dbs
using this? or is there some default method of doing this?

I been playing with Lenya for a few weeks only and am pretty new to this,
so if I am completely wrong and missing some straightforward way. please
let me know!

thank you

Dmytro Yashkir

Re: Lenya + db?

Posted by Renaud Richardet <re...@gmail.com>.
Hello Dmytro,

We once made an integration with XIndice and it worked very fine. See
http://www.mail-archive.com/user@lenya.apache.org/msg00007.html

HTH,
Renaud

dyashkir@rayleigh.optics.utoronto.ca wrote:

>hello,
>
>I am trying to find a way to integrate documents generated from database
>queries into Lenya publishing. My preference would be to build on top of a
>native xml database(using xpath or xquery and xupdate) I wanted to try and
>avoid translating into SQL if I can
>
>So far I have following possibilities:
>
>1. eXist has example of using Cocoon/xquery generator with their db
>
>http://demo.exist-db.org/exist/examples.xml
>
>Given this I could seamlessly integrate as one of the generators in lenya
>perhaps?
>
>2. Cocoon has SQL transformer. I would rather avoid this however
>
>3. Xindice is using xpath as its query language. Do I need to write a
>custom transformer or generator to use xpath queries with one of the dbs
>using this? or is there some default method of doing this?
>
>I been playing with Lenya for a few weeks only and am pretty new to this,
>so if I am completely wrong and missing some straightforward way. please
>let me know!
>

>thank you
>
>Dmytro Yashkir

Renaud Richardet
office +1 857 776-3195                     mobile +1 617 230 9112
renaud.richardet@wyona.com                   http://www.wyona.com