Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Marcello Lorenzi <ml...@sorint.it> on 2013/11/27 16:00:48 UTC

SolR vs large PDF

Hi All,
on our test environment we have implemented a new search engine based on
Solr 4.3 with 2 instances hosted on different servers and 1 shard
present on each servlet container.

During some stress test we noticed a bottleneck into crawling of large
PDF file that blocks the serving of results from queries to the collections.

Is it possible to boost or mitigate the overhead created by PDFBOX
during the crawling?

Thanks,
Marcello

Re: SolR vs large PDF

Posted by Marcello Lorenzi <ml...@sorint.it>.
Hi Erick,
On our architecture we use Apache Manifoldcf to invoke the schedulation
from Manifold-web and we use the Manifold-agent to take the pdf file
from the filesystem to SolR instances. Is it possibile to redirect the
Manifold schedulation to the SolrJ instance for specific schedules?

Thanks,
Marcello

Re: SolR vs large PDF

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.